THE ALTERNATIVE IF YOU CAN’T REMOVE YOUR FUEL OIL TANK
Often it’s a tough job to remove your old heating oil or fuel oil tank from the ground. Furthermore, there are many rules and conditions that you have to observe:
- The manhole cover must be located at least 3 metres from the foundations of the building.
- There must be a cellar under the house along the side where the tank is located.
- There must be sufficient room for the crane (width of 3 metres).
- No utilities such as gas, water and electricity can be present in the near vicinity.
- No other tanks (water tanks, septic tanks, etc.) can lie in the area of the fuel oil or heating oil tank.